Portland Center Stage Presents: Astoria Part 2
A World Premiere! Continuing the ambitious adventure of Part One, which told the stories of the Astor expeditions by land and sea to establish trade routes to the Pacific Northwest, Part Two is about the extraordinary endeavors that lead to the establishment of Astoria, the first permanent United States settlement on the West Coast.
Adapted and directed by Chris Coleman
Based on the book ASTORIA: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's Lost Pacific Empire, A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival by Peter Stark
Special reprise performances of Astoria: Part One will be offered as a special engagement January 13, 14, 16 and 17, and on February 11, 15 and 17. Each of the February performances of Part One is paired with a performance of Astoria: Part Two, providing the opportunity to experience the entire adventure in one day.
Run Time: Approximately 2 hours and 35 minutes, including one intermission. Recommended for ages 14 and up. Contains gunshot sound effects, and some mature content and language. The actors in this production will be using tobacco-free herbal pipes. Children under 6 are not permitted at any production at The Armory.
Cost: January 20 — February 18, 2018
Previews are Jan. 20-25 | Opening night Jan. 26
Ticket prices vary, please click on link below
Phone: (503) 445-3700
Event url: https://www.pcs.org/astoria-part-two
128 NW Eleventh Avenue
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Wednesday, Apr 24, 7:00 PM
- Friday, May 17, 7:00 PM
- Sunday, May 19, 7:00 PM
- More Events at Portland Center Stage at the Armory - Main Stage
- Saturday, May 18, 7:30 PM
- Portland Center Stage Presents: Sense and Sensibility at Portland Center Stage at the Armory - Main StageThursday, Jan 17, 7:30 PM
- Portland Center Stage Presents: Tiny Beautiful Things at Portland Center Stage at the Armory - Main StageSunday, Mar 24, 7:30 PM