D.B. Cooper & the Exploding Whale: Folk Heroes of the Northwest
The 2018 Cottage & Garden Tour’s luncheon and lecture was sold out over a week in advance thanks to our phenomenal speaker, Oregon author Bill Sullivan. Sullivan is an acclaimed author, historian and adventurer who has an uncanny way of discovering history that even the experts didn’t know. Is it hard to believe that the Cannon Beach History Center & Museum has invited him back for their 2019 lecture series? Don’t miss his return this April 25 at 4:00 p.m. Author William L. Sullivan takes us on a slide show tour of legendary Northwest folk heroes from Sacajawea and D.B. Cooper to Bigfoot. Expect entertaining and educational tales about the historical figures that helped define the spirit of the Pacific Northwest — as told by the author of the thriller, “The Case of D.B. Cooper’s Parachute”. Sullivan has written four novels and a dozen nonfiction books about the Northwest, including “Hiking Oregon’s History” and “Oregon Favorites.” His journal of a 1000-mile hike he took across Oregon, “Listening for Coyote,” was chosen by the Oregon Cultural Heritage Commission as one of Oregon’s “100 Books,” the 100 most significant books in the state’s history. Sullivan is an engaging lecturer who keeps attendees on the edge of their seats. You won’t want the lecture to end! This event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited for this presentation, so arrive early and get a cup of coffee or tea. The doors will close at 4:15 p.m. This event has been sponsored by The Ocean Lodge!
1387 South Spruce Street
Cannon Beach, OR 97110
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Friday, Apr 5, 5:00 PM
- Looking Beyond the Temples and Beyond the Capital: Exploring the residences of the ancient Angkorians at Cannon Beach History Center & MuseumThursday, Mar 28, 4:00 PM
- Did Francis Drake and the Golden Hind Land at Whale Cove in 1579? at Cannon Beach History Center & MuseumThursday, May 16, 4:00 PM
- More Events at Cannon Beach History Center & Museum
- Thursday, Jun 20, 4:00 PM
- Thursday, Jun 13, 7:00 PM
- More Events on April 25, 2019
- Thursday, Apr 25, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Apr 25, 9:00 PM
- Thursday, Apr 25, 8:30 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.