Did Francis Drake and the Golden Hind Land at Whale Cove in 1579?
We don’t always talk about Sir Francis Drake, but when we do, we like to talk about his connections to Oregon. May is all things ships, wrecks, and lore. Who better to clear things up than Melissa Darby, M.A. Melissa is an anthropologist and an archaeologist with over thirty years experience in the field. She can speak on the enthnobiology of the people of the Lower Columbia, theory relating to Sir Francis Drake landing in Oregon, architecture of the Northwest Coast People including Kalapuya, Oregon Coast and Chinookan peoples, and on a skillet possibly from the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Her power point presentations incorporate old photographs, maps, drawings and splendid animation. This event is free and open to the public. Seating for this presentation is limited, so arrive early to get your seat. Doors close at 4:15 p.m. This event has been sponsored by Cannon Beach Vacation Rentals!
1387 South Spruce Street
Cannon Beach, OR 97110
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Looking Beyond the Temples and Beyond the Capital: Exploring the residences of the ancient Angkorians at Cannon Beach History Center & MuseumThursday, Mar 28, 4:00 PM
- D.B. Cooper & the Exploding Whale: Folk Heroes of the Northwest at Cannon Beach History Center & MuseumThursday, Apr 25, 4:00 PM
- Thursday, Jun 20, 4:00 PM
- More Events at Cannon Beach History Center & Museum
- Thursday, Jun 13, 7:00 PM
- More Events on May 16, 2019
- Thursday, May 16, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, May 16, 9:00 PM
- Thursday, May 16, 11:30 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.